Ducking out of the busy city may seem like the way to go for summer’s last romp, but why not spend the long weekend soaking up more than the sun — and enjoying what’s in our own backyard? NYC has a lot to offer you Webster ladies this Labor Day weekend, and we picked some of the top places to go, things to eat, and more that we’re sure you’ll want to check out.
EAT AND DRINK
As long as a burger and cocktail are in hand, summer lives on in our book. According to Time Out NYC, these are the places you don’t want to miss this weekend:
- Black Tap: Craft Burgers & Beer
- The Bonnie
- Chefs Club by Food & Wine
See the full list here.
EXPORE YOUR CITY
You don’t have to completely jump ship to get out of NYC, but you can hop on a quick train and find yourself immersed in a completely different setting than our beloved concrete jungle.
- Visit the MET: We suggest you also head to the rooftop to enjoy cocktails, NYC’s skyline and what temporary exhibitions they’re hosting.
- Head to BK: If you don’t mind crowds, Coney Island’s Luna Park is certainly a bucket list item for any New Yorker. Deep-fried goodness + rides? Sign us up.
- Explore Governor’s Island: Hop on a ferry and explore the recently developed 172-acre island in the heart of NYC. You can even rent a Citi Bike for your adventure.
What’s better than entertainment in NYC? FREE entertainment. See what’s going on:
- Alicia Keys: Will be performing at the TODAY plaza on 48th between 5th and 6th on Friday, September 2. Grab tickets now.
- Brazilian Day in New York: Enjoy cultural activities ranging between arts & crafts, face-painting, and the best activity– consuming delicious traditional Brazilian and Latin American foods and drinks.
- Labor Day Taco Extravaganza: This Labor Day bash at Bushwick’s House of Yes, which runs from 2 P.M. to 2 A.M. is advertised as “12 hours straight of hot meat, dirty dancing and delicious chillness.” Is there anything else we can say? Snag your tickets here.
As always, feel free to enjoy Webster’s beautiful gardens and rooftop throughout the weekend. We hop you all have a fun and safe Labor Day!