In order to best accommodate all guests during Webster’s peak season, interns seeking check-in dates between
Monday, May 4, 2020 and Sunday, October 4, 2020
will be booked in the 2020 Summer/Fall Intern Housing Program.
To be eligible for housing at Webster Apartments, intern applicants must provide documentation which meets the below criteria:
- 18 Years or Older
- Received an offer for a Summer/Fall 2020 internship, traineeship, fellowship, clerkship, OPT, etc.
- Position must be: Full-time (28+ hours/week)
- Position may be PAID or UNPAID
Note: traditional students (undergraduate, graduate, and/or vocational) are not eligible to apply unless they also meet the working requirement of 28 hours per week.
LENGTH OF STAY
The Webster Apartments offers guests the convenience of flexibility on their length of stay.
- In accordance with the mission of the organization, all new reservations require a minimum stay of 4 weeks. For the Summer/Fall Housing Program, preference will be given to applicants requesting stays of 8+ weeks.
- Reservations for the Summer/Fall Intern Housing Program are made in block weeks for both arrivals and departures. You will be billed for the entire week of your block weeks and may arrive/depart any day during your reserved block week.
- During the application process, applicants will be asked to specify their exact check-in and checkout date, and, the corresponding block week that date falls within. When confirmed, the applicant’s confirmation letter will state that they are confirmed for a room from the first day in the block check-in week and the last day in the block checkout week.
- On the application, applicant specifies a check-in date of July 1 and a checkout date of August 6. These dates align with the check-in block week of June 29-July 5 and checkout block week of August 3 – August 9.
- Their confirmation letter states that a room is being held from Monday, June 29 through Monday, August 10.
- After checking in, guests who wish to change their reservation to depart earlier or later than the block checkout week they are confirmed for will be subject to the following:
- Guests wishing to shorten their reservation and depart earlier than expected will incur a fee of $800.
- Guests wishing to EXTEND their reservation for a period of LESS THAN 8 weeks, will incur a fee of $800, AND, will be charged $100/night for each night they reside with us after the departure date on their initial reservation.
- The Program is booked by block week only for both arrivals and departures. All guests in the Summer/Fall Intern Booking program will be required to pay from the start of the block week in which their desired check-in date falls. The guest’s room will be reserved from the start of that block week and guest’s will be permitted to check-in on any day during that week.
Summer/Fall 2020 Check-In Block Week Schedule
- Applicants will indicate a specific check-in date on their application. Based on the desired check-in date, Webster’s Admissions Team will indicate the corresponding block week on the guest’s confirmation letter.
- Weeks and rates will not be prorated based on the day of check-in within that block week. Applicants will be billed for the entire week of your block weeks and may arrive/depart any day during your reserved block week.
Webster’s 13-story building features 376 single guest rooms which are fully furnished with dorm-style furniture, closet, and an in-room sink. All guest room floors offer multiple shared bath areas with individual showers and shared restrooms.
All rooms include:
- Twin bed with linens, blanket and (2) pillows, sink, dresser, closet with approximately 10 hotel-style hangers, desk with chair, small bookcase, area rug, and a digital safe.
- Guests are responsible for providing their own towels. Towel sets are available for purchase at the Front Desk.
Coming with a friend? A select number of shared rooms are available and will be offered on a first come, first served basis! For more information, or, to request a shared room, please email Admissions@websterapartments.org prior to applying to check availability and let us know who you’d like to room with!
Webster’s Room & Board rates are and billed bi-weekly (every other week) after the guest’s first 4-week stay (which is paid for prior to their arrival).
- Interns in the 2020 Summer/Fall Intern Housing Program will be charged a rate of $920 bi-weekly (Effective: May 2020 – September 2020).
- Air conditioner rentals are available for a flat rate of $220. Requests to rent an air conditioner may be made during the application process. Requests received after the guest’s arrival will be accommodated based on availability for a surcharge of $25. Guests arriving on/after September 2, 2020 will be charged a flat rate of $120 and, if applicable, a surcharge of $15.
- Rates are subject to change based on employment verification and/or a cost of living adjustment.
- Prior to arrival, all applicants are required to pay their initial room & board (first 4-weeks), the one-time amenity fee ($215), and, if applicable, summer air conditioner rental/electricity fee ($220).
- After submitting an application, all eligible applicants in the Summer/Fall 2020 Intern Housing Program will be required to make a $1,000 payment towards their room & board balance to secure their reservation and receive a confirmation for their stay.
- The room & board balance plus the one-time amenity fee ($215) and if applicable, summer air conditioner rental/electricity fee ($220) is due at least 8 weeks prior to check-in. For applicants with a check-in date within 8 weeks, this payment will be due immediately upon receiving a confirmation letter.
- All guests are invoiced for room & board bi-weekly (every other week) on Mondays for 14 nights of room & board beginning the FOLLOWING Monday.
- Guests are invoiced on Monday, July 20, 2020 for the 14-night billing period of July 27 through August 9, 2020.
- Guests are then billed on August 3, 2020 for the 14-night period of August 10 through August 23, 2020.
- Approximately 2 weeks after arrival, new guests may receive a partial invoice to get their payments caught up to Webster’s regular bi-weekly billing cycle.