Information and protocols as of June 1, 2021
In alignment with the mission of The Webster Apartments, the health and safety of our guests has always been a top priority.
At the onset of the pandemic in early 2020, The Webster Apartments began closely monitoring the virus and implemented a series of policies and procedures intended to keep the Webster community safe and reduce potential exposure. Thus far, these measures and the personal measures taken by our guests and staff throughout the pandemic, have been successful at protecting our community at large. For that, we are extremely grateful.
Webster’s staff has worked tirelessly to ensure the health and safety of our guests, our staff, and our facility.
Today, although more people around the world are becoming vaccinated and the number of cases in New York City continues to decline, we cannot completely let our guard down. The Webster Apartments will continue to maintain the following health and safety practices until further notice.
The Webster Apartments will continue to monitor federal, city and state guidelines to ensure we meet or exceed all guidance to limit COVID-19 exposure. This may result in changes to some of our policies and procedures and we will continue to update this page to reflect these updates.
The following proactive measures are currently in place to combat the spread of COVID-19 in The Webster Community:
- Provide guests with safety and precautionary measures to take to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. In-building signage throughout with building reminding guests of the CDC’s recommendations for preventing the spread of the virus
- Provide quarantine rooms with in-room meal service for guests with COVID-like illnesses and self-isolation rooms for guests with known exposure and/or elective isolation for recent travel.
- Requiring completion of health and travel screeners for all incoming guests and staff
- Continuous cleaning and sanitizing in all high-touch areas and communal spaces throughout the building and increased hand sanitizing stations
- Temporary suspension of:
- In-room housekeeping services
- Outside visitor access in the building
- All Webster-sponsored events
What to do if you feel sick or have been exposed to COVID-19
If you have a fever, cough or other symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or, believe you’ve been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please stay in your room. Contact your healthcare professional if needed (if you are experiencing mild-to-severe respiratory symptoms) and then contact Guest Services as soon as possible.
Consistent with recommendations from the CDC, Webster will provide you with a temporary quarantine room and all other necessary supplies and services for the health and safety of you and the entire Webster Community.
Health & Travel Screeners
Health and travel screeners are currently in place for all incoming/new guests, current guests who have temporarily resided outside of the building/city during this crisis, and all staff. These screeners aid Webster in complying with federal and state guidelines for travel advisories, self-isolation, etc. and allow us to best keep our guests, staff and the building as safe as possible.
Cleaning & Sanitizing
Webster Apartments has implemented a more frequent sanitizing protocol that is being done building-wide, on a daily basis. A Cleaning and Sanitizing Checklist is utilized by all Housekeeping staff for guidance and then submitted to the office on a weekly basis. Guests will also notice that additional hand sanitizing stations and reminder signage have been added in high volume areas throughout the building.
We ask that all guests practice social distancing both while inside and outside of the residence, including a 6-foot distance between you and others to reduce the spread of illness. To maintain social distance in the building, all furniture in common rooms has been socially distanced and temporary occupancy limits have been put into place in all common spaces and on elevators.
Face Masks Recommended
Cloth face coverings must be worn at all times when moving throughout the building. Face coverings may be removed (but kept readily available) when you’ve reached your final destination in the building and can ensure 6’ of distance can be maintained from others for the duration of your time in that location. Face coverings must immediately be put back on once you are ready to leave that location and once again, begin moving throughout the building.
The protection and safety is a shared responsibility. In addition to proper cleaning, sanitizing, social distancing and face coverings, the best way to prevent and stop the spread of the virus is to wash your hands and cover your coughs. For more information about proper hand washing protocols, please visit When and How to Wash Your Hands on the CDC’s website.
Webster Apartments has taken additional protection measures in our Dining Room by temporarily removing all exposed/self-serve foods to escalate the levels of food safety and sanitation we have always provided. Although it is unlikely that COVID-19 can be passed through food, we are dedicated to do all that we can to ensure the safety of our product and service.
Temporary Suspension of Services & Offerings
To further reduce risk for guests and staff, the following services/offerings have been temporarily suspended or limited until further notice:
In-room Housekeeping Services
During this time, housekeepers will NOT be accessing guest rooms for general cleanings, to replace bed linens, empty garbage, etc. Housekeeping staff has been reallocated to maintain the increasing cleaning and sanitizing schedule in more high volume and high-touch areas of the building. Guests have been provided with a small supply of disinfecting wipes and certain cleaning supplies (i.e. vacuums) may be signed out from the Front Desk for their use. Guests may leave their garbage cans outside of their rooms to be emptied on their general cleaning day. Housekeeping will also resupply garbage bags to guests as needed.
Building access is currently limited to registered guests and essential personnel only. We hope to lift this restriction to allow day and overnight visitors back in the building as soon as it is safe to do so.
Events & Tours
Until further notice, all in-person events and tours are suspended.
We understand that guests may have needed to depart NYC quickly at the onset of the pandemic and Webster is working with guests to make this process as easy as possible for them.
- In light of the current circumstances, the $600 penalty fee for not providing 8 weeks’ notice is currently being waived. Please notify GuestServices@webserapartments.org before departing to complete a Checkout Notice. Guests will continue to be charged their bi-weekly room and board if they do not submit a Checkout Notice.
- Current guests who are residing outside of the building and unable to return due to travel bans or other limitations, please contact GuestServices@websterapratments.org for more information on your options.
& Private Meeting Spaces
As more guests are working remotely, Webster has taken additional steps to ensure our facility and technology can meet the work from home needs of our guests:
- Additional socially distant, private workstations added throughout the first floor of the building
- Three private meeting rooms have been created for guests to reserve for work conference/video calls
- Wi-Fi speed and service has been optimized throughout the building to ensure we have the capacity needed to handle the increased demand on our networks.
As this situation evolves and more information becomes available, The Webster Apartments is committed to relaying all necessary information to our guests in a timely manner. In the meantime, please refer to the following federal and state COVID-19 resources and sign up for automatic updates to stay in the know:
As always, if you have any questions, or if there is anything else you need to make this transition as seamless as possible, please reach out to us at GuestServices@websterapartments.org.