Happy Earth Day!
Happy Earth Day! Here’s how you can give back to Mother Nature…
Today we celebrate Mother Nature – and what better way to honor our green earth than by joining in on the many festivities going on in NYC? Ever since 1970, Earth Day has been celebrated worldwide in over 192 countries. Global events are held to demonstrate support and awareness for environmental protection. Want to make an impact? From Union Square to Times Square, you can find opportunities to contribute to the cause – be it environmental campaigns, activities, information sessions, green exhibitions and more, you’ll find a way to activate your green thumb.
Earth Day Craft and Mini Garden Tour: Wednesday, April 22nd
• WHERE: Queens Botanical Garden
• WHEN: 3:00 pm – 5: 00 pm
Earth Day at the NY Botanical Garden: Wednesday, April 22nd
• WHAT: Award-winning documentary and panel discussion on the Danish immigrant who rose from street sweeper to “dean of American landscape architects” and passionate environmental activist.
• WHERE: Ross Hall
• WHEN: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
The Annual World Peace Earth Day Celebration: Thursday, April 23rd
• WHERE: St. John’s Lutheran Church, 81 Christopher Street in the Village
• WHEN: 6:30 am – 10:30 pm
St. George Day Festival: Saturday, April 25th
• WHAT: A local Earth Day and arts celebration
• WHERE: In and around Tompkinsville Park in Staten Island
• WHEN: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Green Festival Expo: April 24-26th
• WHAT: A vibrant, dynamic marketplace where companies and organizations come to showcase their green products and services.
• WHERE: Jacob Javits Center, 655 West 34th Street
At Webster Apartments, we make a concerted effort to be mindful of our green earth. You’ll noticed blue recycling bins on each floor as well as reusable Webster Apartment water bottles. Help us make a difference!
Whether you explore the options above or simply take some time to stroll through Central Park, we hope you feel inspired to get out there today and give back to Mother Nature! This is our world, after all. ☺