We’ve put together a list of the questions we are asked most often. Don’t see yours? Contact us and we’ll be happy to provide an answer!
Webster’s staff has worked tirelessly to ensure the health and safety of our guests, our staff, and our facility. Please visit our COVID-19 page for the most up to date information on our COVID-19 policies.
We currently have availability; however, until your application is processed and your reservation is confirmed, we cannot guarantee availability.
Tours are offered by appointment only, but are not currently being offered in-person due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Eligibility & Application
Prospective and current guests must meet the below eligibility requirements to apply and maintain eligibility for housing:
- 18 years or older
- Studying, interning, or training with documentation showing they meet one of the below criteria:
- Enrolled in a/an:
- Undergraduate or graduate program at a college or university
- Trade, technical or other school program (ie: performing arts, cosmetology, photography, culinary, etc.)
- Enrolled in a/an:
– OR –
- Currently working as OR received a new offer for:
- An internship, traineeship, fellowship, clerkship, etc.
- Currently working as OR received a new offer for:
*ALL non-visa holder applicants must have a Guarantor to be eligible for housing. See guarantor requirements below.
You must complete the online application. Webster’s eligibility requirements, application process, and required documents vary slightly based on the applicant type (worker, intern or student).
For more specific information on how to apply, please designate your applicant type on our eligibility requirements to see more information on the application process. If you have any questions, please call our Admissions Office at 212-967-9000 x1409 Monday through Friday, 9 to 5
The application process and length of time to process applicants vary slightly on the applicant type (worker, intern or student). For more specific information on how to apply, please designate your applicant type on our eligibility requirements.
Our minimum stay requirement is 31 days.
Yes, Guarantors must agree to fulfill the financial obligations of your room & board and are required for all domestic interns, students and trainees and for workers if:
- Applicants income is less than $55,000 or
- Applicant has a credit score <650
Guarantors must meet the below requirements:
- Gross annual income $75,000+
- Satisfactory results on credit report run by The Webster Apartments (credit Score ≥ 650)
- The guarantor will need to provide a valid government ID, complete a Guarantor Form, and provide proof of income.
- Your Guarantor must complete the Guarantor Application and fill in and complete pages 1 through 4 of the Guarantor Agreement and bring the Acknowledgement (page 5) to be notarized
- Guarantors will need to provide proof of income:
- Two (2) most recent consecutive pay stubs OR
- Most recent tax return (First two pages only, showing total income)
- The Guarantor Agreement & Acknowledgement must be completed, signed, notarized, and uploaded to the Guarantor Application prior to being approved to stay at Webster Apartments. Your application will not be processed unless this document has been provided.
- Note: if your guarantor is submitting a joint tax return, both individuals need to complete, sign and notarize the Guarantor Acknowledgement.
NOTE: Guarantor Agreement cannot be accepted via email. Guarantor is required to upload the Guarantor Agreement on the Guarantor application.
Rates & Fees
Webster’s all-inclusive bi-weekly room & board rates are determined by the guest’s status (worker or intern/student/trainee).
- Workers room and board rates are determined by the guest’s verified GROSS annual income during the application process, or, 6 weeks after check-in for workers with new job offer letters using our salary scale.
- Eligibility is extended to a secondary mission, full-time interns or students, whose rates are fixed to a flat rate.
Please designate your applicant type to see more information on rates and the application process.
All room & board rates include:
- Private, furnished Room
- Twin bed, sink, dresser, closet with 5 to 10 hangers, desk with chair, area rug, and a digital safe.
- Note: Towels and bed linens are not supplied but may be purchased at the Front Desk upon arrival.
- 2 Daily Meals
- Electric, heat & water
- Building-wide Wi-Fi
All guests are required to pay a one-time fee for the below amenities:
- 24-hour Security
- Laundry Facilities
- Social & Professional Development Events
- Mail & Package Services
- Access to meeting room facilities for conference calls
Once income is verified (during the application process or at the beginning of the guest’s stay), the guest’s room & board rate will remain in effect until Webster’s annual eligibility audit. During the annual audit, the guest’s rate may be adjusted based on the guest’s current salary and/or Webster’s cost of doing business.
Since financial aid is typically paid to you directly, you will need to coordinate how the funds get from you or the school to Webster Apartments.
Check-in & Checkout
Prior to arrival, all applicants are required to pay their initial room & board (first 4-weeks) and the one-time amenity fee ($215).
- After submitting an application, all eligible applicants will be required to make a $500 payment towards their room & board balance to secure their reservation and receive a confirmation for their stay.
- The room & board balance plus the one-time amenity fee ($215) is due at least 8 weeks prior to check-in. For applicants with a check-in date within 8 weeks, this payment will be due immediately upon receiving a confirmation letter.
After the initial stay, your room & board will be due bi-weekly. Payments may be made using any of Webster’s accepted payment methods
Guests may check in any time after 3:00 p.m. Upon check-in, visit the front desk to obtain your room key, ID, and Welcome Packet. Guests requiring a late check-in (after 9:00 p.m.) can obtain their room key from the security desk and visit the front desk the next day to complete their check-in. Guests who arrive earlier than 3 p.m. can store their luggage at The Webster Apartments until their room is available.
During the application process, applicants will specify an approximate checkout date. Webster does NOT consider this date your official checkout date. This date is only used to verify the applicant meets the minimum length of stay requirement (31 days). A formal Checkout Notice must still be submitted by each guest after their arrival.
After checking in, eligible guests in good standing may reside at Webster for up to 5 years. Prior to departure, all guests are required to submit a Checkout Notice to Guest Services. Guests may submit the Checkout Notice at any time during their stay, but a minimum of 8 weeks prior to departure is required. Failure to submit the Checkout Notice at least 8 weeks prior to departure will result in a $600 fee.
After the Checkout Notice is submitted, it may be cancelled if your plans change and a new notice may be submitted as needed.
Guests must checkout by 11 a.m. on the date of departure. Should a guest stay past the date on the Checkout Notice, guest will be responsible to pay $100 for each night after the checkout date.
Guests are required to give a minimum of 8 weeks’ notice prior to departure by signing the checkout form at the Front Desk. Failure to provide 8 weeks’ notice prior to departure will result in a $600 penalty fee.
Final payment for any balance due for room & board or phone charges must be made two weeks prior to departure. A full copy of this policy inclusive of terms, conditions and fees can be requested from the Front Desk at any time during your stay.
Rooms & Facilities
Webster provides a full-service Dining Room for Guests to enjoy meals and snacks in addition to microwaves in the Dining Room, 1st Floor Pantry and 2nd Floor Community Room. For safety reasons, we do not provide in-room microwaves or permit you to bring a microwave to your room. The New York City Fire Department prohibits the use of any cooking equipment, including microwaves, electric coffee pots or “hot pots,” in your room.
Yes! We want Webster to be your home away from home and you are able to decorate your room to your liking. You will be responsible for providing your own bedding to accommodate a twin size bed. For wall decorations we ask that you not put any holes in the walls and use other forms of hanging tools to adhere your wall decorations to the walls.
Webster Apartments is a pet-free residence.
For safety purposes, bicycles are prohibited from being stored in guest rooms. Webster is not responsible for any bikes left on the bike rack outside.