Below is a list of Webster’s most inquired Guest Policies. For a comprehensive look at all policies, please reference your Guest Handbook issued upon check-in.
- Administration →
- Bulletin Boards →
- Building Access & Security →
- Checking Out / Submitting a Checkout Notice →
- Cooking and Storing Your Own Food →
- Digital Screens →
- Emergencies or Sickness →
- Fire & Safety Regulations →
- Internet →
- Laundry →
- Length of Stay →
- Meals →
- Payments →
- Personal Property →
- Quiet Hours →
- Soliciting or Operating a Business →
- Trunk Room →
- Visitors →
If you have any questions, please contact our Guest Services Team. Our Front Office is open 12 pm until 9 pm Monday through Saturday. We are also interested in your ideas and suggestions.
Guests are welcome to post on the magnetic bulletin boards outside the laundry rooms on floors 4, 7, & 11.
As a safety precaution, there is a licensed security guard in the lobby 24 hours a day. Additionally, a Guest Services Representative routinely checks the building, basement to roof, from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
All guests are required to abide by all security protocols outlined in the Guest Handbook as it pertains to their ID Card, room/mailbox keys and visitors. Guests must swipe upon entering the building. Visitors must give a valid State ID or Passport to Security upon entering the building.
- ID Cards
- Guests are REQUIRED to swipe their Webster ID Card upon entering the building.
- Webster cannot release your keys to anyone else unless we have written permission from you to do so.
- The charge to replace missing or lost room key, mailbox key or ID Card is $25 per item lost.
The approximate checkout date listed on your application is only used to confirm availability for your entire length of stay. All guests must submit checkout notices at least 8 calendar weeks prior to the date of checkout to avoid incurring an early checkout fee. Guests submitting requests to check out with less than 8 weeks’ notice will incur an early checkout fee of $600. If you wish to cancel an existing checkout notice on file, please submit a checkout cancellation.
All guests must check out by 11 AM on their departure date by coming to the front desk to return their keys. A late fee of $100 per night will be assessed if you do not check out by 11 AM.
- You will receive your final bill via email approximately two weeks before your scheduled checkout date. It will include room & board billed through your checkout date and any fees incurred.
- Your Final bill is due on receipt. Please notify Billing as soon as possible if you experience any issue with payment or if your payment will be delayed.
- Final bill payments can be made by ACH debit, PayPal, wire transfer, credit or debit card, and personal check. Payments by Paypal and credit or debit card will incur a $15 convenience fee.
Checking Out – Room Condition, ID Card, Keys and Mail
- Upon checkout, your room should be restored to its original condition, excluding normal wear and tear.
- Do not leave personal property or garbage in the room. The Webster will not take responsibility for any personal property left behind. These items will be immediately discarded.
- ID Card and Keys (Room and Mailbox) should be returned to the Front Office on your checkout date by 11 AM. If a guest requests a later checkout time (until 1 PM) a $100 fee is charged.
- ID Cards can be kept as a memento upon checkout, no charge.
Checking Out – Movers
- Any guest who requires the assistance of a male, or movers, up on the residence floors, i.e., in your room or on the elevator, must request an appointment time when you submit your checkout notice. This allows the Webster team to arrange for the necessary resources to be available for escorting them. If an appointment is not made in advance, the Webster staff will do its best to aid and access, but there may be a significant waiting period.
- If you are hiring professional movers, we will need the following information two business days prior to the date scheduled:
- Name of the moving company.
- Date and Time of move.
- Certificate of Insurance from the moving company.
Checking Out – Luggage
If you have stored any luggage in the trunk room, please submit a trunk room request at least 3 business days prior to your departure:
Checking Out – Mail Forward
Notify the United States Postal Service online at http://www.usps.com/manage/forward.htm, or visit your local post office 3 to 4 weeks prior to moving for a forwarding address form. Parcels and packages received after your departure will be returned to sender.
Webster provides a full-service Dining Room for Guests to enjoy meals and snacks in addition to microwaves and ice bins in the Dining Room and on the Second Floor. We do not offer in-room refrigerators, nor do we allow you to bring a refrigerator to your room. The New York City Fire Department prohibits the use of any cooking equipment, including electric coffee pots and “hot pots,” in your room.
For information on events, notifications, and other happenings at Webster, check the Digital Screens near the elevator on every floor.
Notify the Front Desk via phone (dial 0 on room or hallway phone) or at the Front Desk to report Emergencies. To report sickness of self or a fellow guest dial 0 from the nearest in-house phone.
Please read and comply with the Fire and Safety Regulations posted on your closet and room doors. Candles and incense are prohibited in rooms. The New York City Fire Department prohibits the use of any cooking equipment, including electric coffee pots and “hot pots” in your room.
In compliance with NYC Fire Department Regulation, The Webster Apartments is a Non-Smoking property. Smoking is not permitted within the building, on the rooftop, or in the backyard garden.
Webster offers free wireless internet to all guests. For information regarding our wireless network, please visit our front desk or refer to the pamphlet provided upon check-in.
There are also pay-by-the-minute internet kiosks and a printer available on the second floor adjacent to the TV Room.
Coin operated laundry facilities are located on the 4th, 7th and 11th floors. The charge is $1.50 for washers and free for dryers. Small amounts of change may be obtained at the Desk.
Laundry Room Hours: 6:30 pm – 11:00 pm* (7 Days a Week)
*Note: The 4th floor laundry room will be closed Monday through Friday from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm for internal use.
Ironing is not permitted in guest rooms and must be done only in the laundry rooms.
Coin Mach Co., the owner of the laundry equipment, must make refunds for lost money. Their contact information is located in the Laundry Room.
Webster is a temporary residence. Guests are permitted to stay a maximum of 5 years permitting they remain eligible for residency. To remain a guest at Webster you must continue to be employed in a full-time job, or work at a full-time internship.
Your rent payment to The Webster includes two meals each day.
Bagged lunches are available 7 days a week for an additional cost of $10.00 as an optional third meal.
- Hours: The dining room will be open Monday through Friday from 6:45 am – 8:30 pm and Saturday and Sunday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm. Meal times and menus may be found on our dining page. The dining room will remain open during non-meal times for guests to use at their leisure and enjoy beverages. The dining room will close after the last meal time of the day until the following morning.
- Third Meal: Additional meal tickets may be purchased by guests who would like to enjoy the third meal on any given day.
- Bagged Lunches: A ticket for a bag lunch must be purchased before placing an order. Orders must be placed by 12 pm at least one day in advance of when you’d like to pick up the bagged lunch. Bagged lunch pickups are available during breakfast/brunch hours on the day the order was placed for. To request a bag lunch for the next day, complete a request form in the Dining Room at breakfast.
- Outside Guests: If you would like to invite a guest for a meal in the Dining Room, you can purchase a guest ticket at the Front Desk. The charges are $10.00 for weekend brunch, lunch, bagged lunches, and dinner and $12.00 for holidays/special events.
- Dress Code: Please dress appropriately in the Dining Room. Slippers, pajamas, and robes are not acceptable.
It is Webster’s policy that all food and beverages served in the Dining Room must be consumed during meal times in the Dining Room. Food, beverages, dishes and/or silverware may not be taken out of the Dining Room for any reason. You are permitted to go through our food line one time only. You may not fill plastic containers or baggies to take food with you to-go. Questions regarding this policy may be directed to Guest Relations.
Webster does not offer discounted weekly rent for individuals who choose not to take advantage of the meals. While the Webster Apartments Dining Services Team strives to provide accurate nutritional information and offer an ingredient list upon request, manufacturers may change their product ingredients without our knowledge and our recipes may be subject to change due to product availability. For various reasons, we are not able to provide individualized menus for special dietary needs and it is ultimately the guest’s responsibility to make dietary choices fitting their needs. Please consult Food Service Managers and Supervisors if we can support you with your decisions or provide further dietary information.
How to Pay Room & Board Invoices
- US Bank Account Holders:
- Guests who have a US bank account will be able to remit payments online directly via our secure payment site by following the link provided in their e-bill.
- Online payments must be made via ACH which will withdrawal the funds directly from a US checking account using the routing and account numbers.
- Note: other forms of payment cannot be accepted online and can only be used at the cashier’s window or the Front Desk, see below Accepted Payment Methods.
- Non-US Bank Account Holders:
- At this time, we are unable to accept online payments from guests who do not have a US bank account.
- Payments must continue to be made at the cashier’s window or the Front Desk, see below Accepted Payment Methods.
Accepted Payment Methods for Room & Board
- Guests who do not have a US bank account or do not wish to make their room & board payment online from their checking account will still be able to make a payment with the Cashier or at the Front Desk with any of the below accepted payment methods.
- Traveler’s Cheques
- Debit & Credit Cards
- Convenience Fee: Guests who would like to pay their full or partial room & board with a credit or debit card will be charged a convenience fee of $15 for each 2 week billing period. To avoid this fee, guests with a US checking account are strongly encouraged to make payments online via the ACH payment method above.
The Webster Apartments are not responsible for the loss of money or personal property. See the notice posted in your closet for security suggestions.
Webster adheres to the city of New York’s standard residential “Quiet Hours”. Please be considerate of other guests and keep excessive noise to a minimum between the hours of 11 pm and 7 am.
Any business or commercial use of the rooms, including but not limited to the operation of a business, home occupation, enterprise, organization in or from the rooms or the premises by any Guest is illegal and in violation of applicable law. Further, The Webster Apartments is a nonprofit and tax-exempt organization, and the operation of a business, home occupation, enterprise, organization in or from the rooms or the premises by any Guest could adversely affect The Webster’s tax-exempt status.
Accordingly, any business or commercial use of the rooms, including but not limited to the operation of a business, home occupation, enterprise, organization in or from the rooms or the premises by any Guest is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy will result in immediate termination of tenancy at and eviction from The Webster Apartments.
Webster will store a maximum of two pieces of luggage for each guest in a trunk room on the guest’s floor. Visit the Front Desk to request to have your luggage picked-up or dropped off to your room. Luggage will be picked up or delivered within 24 hours.
- Women Relatives and Friends: Guests are permitted to host a maximum of four female or male visitors from 8:30 AM to 10:30 PM. Unless arrangements are made for visitors to stay overnight, female residents and friends must leave the building by 10:30 PM.
- Overnight Visitors:
- Cot: Guests can make a reservation for (1) female visitor over 18 years of age to stay overnight in their room, on a rollaway cot, at a daily rate of $60 (which includes breakfast) for up to fourteen (14) nights within any one-month period. Reservations and full payment can be made in advance but must be made at least 24 hours in advance. No last-minute reservations will be accepted or processed. To make a reservation, complete the Overnight Visitor Reservation Form. Payment is required at the time of making the reservation. Confirmation of payment will need to be shown upon the visitor’s check-in.
- Private Room: Based upon availability and approval, guests may request a separate room for their visitors at the rate of $100 per night which includes breakfast. Please email GuestServices@websterapartments.org for requests.
- Overnight Visitors:
- Male Relatives and Friends: During the visitor hours above, male visitors are welcome with guests in all common areas on the first floor (Lobby level), Dining Room, and Backyard Garden. Men are not permitted above the Lobby level at any time without a Webster staff escort. Staff escorts may be requested at the Front Desk based on availability during the following timeframes only:
- Weekdays: 9 AM – 5 PM
- Weekends: 12 PM – 5 PM